The efforts made so far by the country’s authorities have enabled “Dominicans to be winning the first battle of this war” which is the new coronavirus, which causes the COVID-19.
The approach is Gustavo Montalvo, Minister of the Presidency and President of the High-Level Commission for the Prevention and Control of Coronavirus, who recognized, however, that this is a war that will last throughout the world.
The official made the approach for several variables achieved that he described as successful.
He gave as a first example “to moderate the curve of new cases of new cases and, above all, to avoid the collapse of public and private health services.”
Another achievement cited by Montalvo is the availability of hospitalization beds and intensive care, which he said is “well above demand.”
“This is a fundamental success if we compare it with what happened in other countries,” said the official.
He spoke during the address he addressed to the Dominican nation on Tuesday.
Regarding critical supplies to attend the pandemic, he indicated that they have increased every day
As we recently pointed out, we have been successful in moderating the curve of new cases and, above all, in avoiding the collapse of public and private health services.
“And most importantly, we have established permanent coordination mechanisms between the institutions, so that we have real-time information decision-making that allows us to properly focus our efforts.”
The second battle
For the official, now what remains is to win in the second part of this war against the pandemic, for which he understands that wills must unite and take responsibility for complying with the authorities’ provisions.
“Winning the second stage will depend on the will of everyone, and that we know how to take responsibility for stopping the coronavirus in our hands with our daily attitudes and with solidarity towards other Dominicans,” he stressed.
Coronavirus numbers in the country
In this Tuesday’s report from the Ministry of Public Health, corresponding to bulletin number 40, in the country there are, to date, 6,416 positive cases, with 123 new and 286 dead, with four new deaths. There are 1,165 recovered, with 172 entering in the last 24 hours, the highest number recorded in a day.
“Dominicans are, in short, winning the first battle of this war, which aims to be long throughout the world”
— Yurel De Jesús to www.gentetuya.com